Horsemasters, the oldest 4-H club in Indian River County, has helped thousands of youth reach their fullest potential since its inception in the 1960's. Youth, ages 5-18, are welcomed regardless of race, gender, or creed. (Other 4-H clubs may require different age categories.)
Indian River County 4-H is a not for profit organization that falls under the blanket of University of Florida and IFAS.
We believe in giving back, whether to an individual in need or a group in our community. Every year, we engage in local community service. Beyond that, we strive to encourage one another, knowing that a little friendliness can make a world of difference in someone’s life.
Funds raised during our annual Valentine Show Fundraiser allow IRC 4-H Horsemasters to participate in local, area, state, and national events. These include Horse Judging Contests, Demonstration Contests, Record Book Competitions, Hippology Contests, Horse Shows, and Camps.
What We've Achieved
- Confidence growth in thousands of children (and counting) over the years
- Hosted 46 annual Valentine Open Horse Show fundraisers
- Multiple members have gone on to be State Officers
- Multiple members awarded Horseman of the Year and runner up
- Multiple demonstration winners at State and Regional levels
- Multiple demonstration placings at Regional and National levels
- Multiple State Record Book winners
- Horse Judging: team and individual awards at State, Regional, & National levels
- Hippology: team and individual awards at State level
- Recipient: Gloria Watt Emerald Award
- Recipient: Dyer Difference Award
- Recipient: Golden Shovel Award